[R] Error produced by read.zoo: "bad entries"

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 20:17:48 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 2:07 PM, Dimitri Liakhovitski
<dimitri.liakhovitski at gmail.com> wrote:
> David/Gabor,
>
> you helped me a lot.
> Gabor - I've run table(OrigData$Month) - and it looked weird.
> I went back to my file and changed the format of the date (Month) in
> Excel. I have no idea what it does - but after I saved it again, it
> worked.
> Thanks a lot!
>
> I'll open another thread where I'll ask how to best save dates in
> Excel if one saves them as .csv.
>
> Dimitri

Try out the various packages listed on this page:

   http://rwiki.sciviews.org/doku.php?id=tips:data-io:ms_windows

which directly read Excel files.  Hopefully at least one of these
packages will be able to handle the dates independently of the format
you use for them.