[R] ROpenOffice (which requires Rcompression)

soeren.vogel at eawag.ch soeren.vogel at eawag.ch
Fri Jul 23 10:47:15 CEST 2010

Hello, for my data preparation and administration (data, labels, etc.) I use OpenOffice.org ODS spreadsheet files with several sheets in one file. However, I find it inconvenient to export every single sheet to a csv file whenever I apply changes to the labelling or so, and I haven't found a plugin or an application which does this batch in OOorg. Is there new development on a direct import package for ODS files? I've googled around one afternoon, found ROpenOffice (http://www.omegahat.org/ROpenOffice/) which requires Rcompression (http://www.mail-archive.com/r-help@r-project.org/msg55480.html), which in turn is quite outdated. Is the whole idea dead or did I miss something important when googling?

*S*

(R version 2.11.1 (2010-05-31), x86_64-apple-darwin9.8.0)

--
Sören Vogel, Dipl.-Psych. (Univ.), PhD-Student, Eawag, Dept. SIAM
http://www.eawag.ch, http://sozmod.eawag.ch