[R] Sweave special characters problem

Bunny, lautloscrew.com bunny at lautloscrew.com
Thu Jul 22 15:39:08 CEST 2010

Sorry all,

for not posting a minimal example. I am running R on Mac OS X snow leopard with Komodo edit / Sciviews-R. The problem is that the code does not work any more if there is an umlaut in my R code. The error message is some strange mixture of german and english, so this what the error message is supposed to look like:
"Invalid multibyte character in Parser line 195" . Allan´s example works as a standalone, with his code I get the following error message. Maybe this is a mac problem ...

Error in parse(text = chunk) :
  Unexptected entry in "x <- data.frame(GeschÂ"

Thx for any help in advance

best

matt