[R] Lattice Panel Print Order

Mark Ebbert Mark.Ebbert at hci.utah.edu
Wed Jul 21 09:13:57 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have done a bit of searching and have not found a good answer for my question. Although I have not difficulty ordering the panels, Lattice prints them from bottom to top and left to right for each page. Is it possible to make it print from top to bottom for each page?

I've tinkered with index.cond and tried reordering the panels, but I don't see a way to do it on a page by page basis.

Example:
tmp<-data.frame(vals=sample(1:100,150,replace=T),concentration=sample(0:15,15),group=letters[1:10])
xyplot(vals~concentration|group,data=tmp,layout=c(3,3))

As you can see my layout is a 3x3 matrix for each page. It would be logical for Lattice to print the panels as:
abc
def
ghi
<new page>