[R] metaplot (rmeta)

Kate Snedeker snedeker at uoguelph.ca
Tue Jul 20 02:11:53 CEST 2010

Greetings

I have been trying to use metaplot to create a forest plot of my meta-analysis results.  My data is in the form of ORs, so I've been inputting the ORs as the point estimate (mn) and the SEs of the logORs as the SE (se).  However, whilst the point estimates appear to be displayed properly, many of the confidence intervals go below zero (not possible for an OR, as far as I know).

I think the confidence intervals shown might be simply 1.96 x SE or 2 x SE.  Is there a way to get meta plot to show the proper 95% CIs for the ORs?

I have tried forestplot, but am having a lot of issues trying to get the columns to line up correctly, and in labeltext, it doesn't see to want to read the values I'm listing for the names of the studies. All I get are a changing list of numbers.

[As a note, since the studies I'm meta-analysing use multi-level regression, I can't simply input the raw numbers for successes/failures since the ORs are all adjusted for various factors.]

Thanks!
Kate Snedeker

--
Kate Snedeker, PhD