[R] Can RMySQL run on Windows using a remote MySQL server?

Steven McKinney smckinney at bccrc.ca
Tue Jul 20 00:16:54 CEST 2010

I have done this from my previous computer, a Windows PC
running Windows XP (32 bit).  So in theory it can be done.
I had installed the MySQL Workbench application as well
which no doubt set up the MySQL dll's needed.

My new computer is running Windows 7 64-bit for which
RMySQL is not yet built.

What OS are you running?

Steven McKinney

Statistician
Molecular Oncology and Breast Cancer Program
British Columbia Cancer Research Centre

Can RMySQL run on Windows using a remote MySQL server?