[R] multivariate graphs, averaging on some vars

skan juanpide at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 00:44:51 CEST 2010

Hello

I have a table of this kind:

function	x1	x2	x3
2.232		1	1	1.00
2.242		1	1	1.01
2.732		1	1	1.02
2.770		1	2	1.00
1.932		1	2	1.01
2.132		1	2	1.02
3.222           1.2     1       1
.....           ...     ..      ..

The table represents the values of a function(x1, x2, x3) for each
combination x1, x2, x3.

I'd like to generate a plot where each point has the coordinates x=x1, y=x2,
z=(mean of function(x1, x2) for all different x3).  How can I do it?

fox example, with the data from above the first point would be:
x=x1=1, y=x2=1, z=(2.232+2.242+2.732)/3

In truth, my table has many columns and I want to take the mean over all the
variables except the ones I represent at the axes, for example represent
function(x1, x2) taking the mean over x3, x4, x5.

Or using the maximum value of function(x1, x2) over all x1, x2, x3

How can I do it?

Another question.
How can I plot function(x1, x2, x3) with x=x1, y=x2, z=x3, different
colours=function

thanks