[R] sqldf modify table

PeterTucker pthetuck at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 20:46:43 CEST 2010

Hi - I am something of a newbie and am a little perplexed.  When (trying to)
modify a table I issue the following commands with subsequent errors

sqldf("alter table Korea drop column code", dbname = "mydb")
error in statement: near "drop": syntax error

or

sqldf("alter table Korea rename column hyr to hyrI", dbname = "mydb")
error in statement: near "column": syntax error

These are simple commands - am I missing something obvious?  I can retrieve
data from them, and retrieve their table_info

Thanks

Peter