[R] send out put to file in R

chakri_amateur chakri2sai at yahoo.co.in
Thu Jul 15 18:38:13 CEST 2010

Dear Gabor Csardi,

Thanks. The problem is now resolved.

> No wonder, writing computer programs is not just typing in random words
> and let the computer figure
> out what you are trying to do. At least not yet.

Apart from typo errors like "wri" before "write..." and "lecompose" instead
of "decompose", My command "write.graph.. <- decompose...." was itself a
blunder.

>> write.graph (compo, "F://new", "pajek")
>

>> The error message shown up was -- "Not a Graph Object"

I did not figure out how to access the graph object in compo. It turns out
that "compo[[i]]" is the graph object. That must be the reason for Error
message "Not a graph object"

> It would help if you could tell us what you are trying to do.

I want to extract the largest connected component (alias sub-graph) of the
network. My input network is a large network of >1000 vertices and >15000
arcs. From this, I want to take out only the largest cluster.

> If you decompose a graph to components, you get a list of graphs;

Yes. But I want only the largest sub-graph. It is first in the list
sub-graphs generated. Am I right ? I tried with 10 files, and all the time
the largest sub-graph is shown first in the list. (i.e i=1, in compo[[i]])

> for (i in seq_along(compo)) {
>   write.graph(compo[[i]], file=paste(sep="", "new-", i, ".net"),
> format="pajek")
> }

It worked. I Just had to give entire file path instead of just "new" !

for (i in seq_along(compo)) {
write.graph(compo[[i]], file=paste(sep="", "F://new-", i, ".net"), "pajek")
}

or For the first component
write.graph(compo[[1]], "F://new.net", "pajek")

Chakri

Second,