[R] Dot Plot with Confidence Limits

Neil123 neil.white at plants.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jul 14 19:12:28 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have the following dataset and I would like to create a dotplot with
confidence limits:

        CAT1              CAT2          MEAN                 Lower
Upper
1         1                     1            0.619                 0.392
0.845
2         1                    10           1.774                 1.030
2.518
3         1                   100          7.700                 4.810
10.586
4         1                  1000         45.536               23.612
67.392
5         2                     1            0.500                 0.244
0.755
6         2                    10           1.725                 1.109
2.341
7         2                   100          15.200               10.924
19.473
8         2                  1000         88.200               48.030
128.369

I need the data grouped by the two categories (independent variables CAT1 &
CAT2). Each row would be a separate dot, and colour-coded by CAT1.

I have been able to create a dotplot with the data of just one of the
CAT1's, but not both together in the same graph...

Thanks in advance for your help.

Neil