[R] Want to exclude a column when using sample function

Addi Wei addiwei at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 19:33:20 CEST 2010

Sorry to post multiple questions, but this is still related to the sample
function.

In my previous example, how do I save/store the current sample so when I run
sample again (after analysis) I can exclude the samples that were previously
chosen.

For example if I have 180 factors or columns...and I sample 10 from the data
set using:
sample10 <- sample(data, 10, replace=FALSE)

##and then from this sample of 10, I'll run my analysis, and then I wish to
randomly replace 3 samples out of 10, with 3 new factors from the list of
180 factors (that have not been chosen thus far).  I wish to store all the
factors that have been chosen for analysis into an object to avoid me going
back and picking those same factors again....