[R] Interrupt R?

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jul 12 08:53:18 CEST 2010

On Sun, 11 Jul 2010, Spencer Graves wrote:

> Hi, Richard and Duncan:
>

>      Thank you both very much.  You provided different but workable
> solutions.
>

>            1.  With Rgui 2.11.1 on Vista x64, the escape worked, but neither
> ctrl-c nor ctrl-C worked for me.

Why did you expect them too?  Ctrl-C is documented to implement 'Copy'
(the standard Windows shortcut).  (Did you mean Ctrl-Shift-C by
'Ctrl-C' as distinct from 'Ctrl-c'?  I don't think that works
anywhere.)

As Duncan said, Ctrl-C works in Rterm, and in almost all other R
implementations (the Mac R.app GUI is the only other exception I know:
it also uses Escape).

This is documented in the README (called something like
README.R-2.11.1 in the binary distribution) and in the rw-FAQ Q5.1.
Maybe it would be a good idea to refresh your memory of the basic
documentation?