[R] F# vs. R

rkevinburton at charter.net rkevinburton at charter.net
Thu Jul 8 16:16:59 CEST 2010

True, porting old C and Fortran code to C# or F# would be a pain and probably riddled with errors but it is not too soon to start looking to see if there is a better way. There have been numerous ports of LAPACK, BLAS, etc. to C#. Maybe they could be leveraged.

Maybe just allowing packages to be wrtten in C# or F# would be helpful. And remember there is Mono.

Just my 2 cents.