[R] Visualization of coefficients

Michael Friendly friendly at yorku.ca
Wed Jul 7 16:19:32 CEST 2010

Achim Zeileis wrote:
> Re: more mature. arm's coefplot() is more flexible in certain respects, mine is more convenient in others. The overlay functionality is something arm's coefplot() is better in and it also as some further options (vertical vs. horizontal etc.). My coefplot() has the advantage that it does not need any modification as long as coef() and vcov() methods are available. Furthermore, "level" can specify the significance level (instead of always using one and two standard errors, respectively).
> But it shouldn't be too hard to create a superset of all options.

@Tal:
For the example using library(arm) and the Mroz data, you posted the
wrong image.  And loose the intercept in the example.

@Achim:
It would be worthwhile combining the generality of your version with the
overlay capability of the arm version, which is extremely useful for
model comparison.  However, the arm version uses S4 methods.

-Michael

--
Michael Friendly     Email: friendly AT yorku DOT ca
Professor, Psychology Dept.