[R] Why doesn't my change of "Renviron.site" work on "windows 7" ?

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 10:45:25 CEST 2010

Does Sys.getenv("R_LIBS") show the path?  My guess is that it has to
do with this little part from ?.libPaths "Only directories which exist
at the time will be included."  Try entering the path you specified
into R; when I do, I get an error that says Error: '\P' is an
unrecognized escape in character string starting suggesting that it is
your use of backslashes in the path name leading to R not recognizing
the directory and .libPaths() ignoring it.

I would try:

R_LIBS="C:/Program Files (x86)/R/library"

I also find setting environment variables in Windows to certain
directories makes my life much easier.

HTH,

Josh

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 12:48 AM, Tal Galili <tal.galili at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I added the following line on the "Renviron.site" file:
> R_LIBS=C:\Program Files (x86)\R\library
>
> And when I start R and run:
> .libPaths()
>
> I don't see this path.
>
> On windows XP it worked for me.  I am now using windoes 7 (64 bit) with R
> 32.
> Is there a reason this shouldn't work?
>

> Thanks,
> Tal