[R] Rcmdr has stopped working

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Wed Jan 27 23:07:00 CET 2010

John Fox wrote:
> Dear James,
>
> The tcltk package is part of the standard R distribution. I'm not sure why
> it isn't working. You might try reinstalling R or posting a question to the
> R-SIG-Mac list about tcltk not working. If you do the latter, you'll
> probably get a more informative response if you provide the information
> requested in the posting guide, at
> <http://www.r-project.org/posting-guide.html>.
>
> I hope this helps,
>  John

You (James) may need to (re?-)install tcl/tk libraries (not the R
package, the underlying system libraries) on the Macs. This had happened
to someone in class this morning, with exactly the same symptoms.

Notice the link to the tools directory from the Mac download page on
CRAN, i.e.:

http://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/tools

-p