[R] [Fwd: Re: question on sqldf syntax]

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 18:22:59 CET 2010

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 11:55 AM, Seth Falcon <seth at userprimary.net> wrote:

> That sqldf only works if RMySQL is not attached seems like something worth
> investigating and fixing. It should be possible to avoid such conflicts by
> proper use of name spaces, but I have not looked into the details of what's
> going on.

It does work without RMySQL and in fact that is the normal way it is
used since MySQL support has not been tested and you are really on
your own if you want to try sqldf with MySQL (as indicated in
documentation and home page).

The driver= argument of the sqldf function call determines which
database is used.  If you don't specify the driver= argument then it
uses the global option "sqldf.driver" to determine which database to
use.  If you have not set that either then it checks if RMySQL is
attached and uses the MySQL database if it is and uses the SQLite
database otherwise.