[R] R Output and ArcGIS

Steve Murray smurray444 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 26 15:36:45 CET 2010

Dear all,

Just to let you know that thanks to your help, I've managed to solve it.

For future reference, if anyone's interested (!), if you're having problems reading R-generated data from a Mac, into ArcMap on a PC, then ensure that you're using eol="\r\n" in the write.table command and that you don't have factor or character data when they're really meant to be numeric! To overcome the latter, I did:

mrunoff$Longitude <- as.numeric(levels(mrunoff$Longitude))[mrunoff$Longitude]

Hope this is of use to someone, somewhere, someday!

Thanks again for your advice,

Steve