[R] Same y-axis on multiple plots?

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Tue Jan 26 11:07:59 CET 2010

On 01/26/2010 01:52 AM, Andreas Bergstrøm wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am attempting to use R throug PL/R in PostgreSQL to make several graphs (they show usage over time for radiochannels).
>
> However, as some never go above 100 in a 24 hour period, and others go well over 500, they get different y-axis values (which normally would be a good thing). However, as I want to overlay the graphs to add/remove channels in CSS on a webpage, I need a set y-axis.
>
> I have looked through the documentation, google and the mailinglist as ylim, setting xpd=F and modifying clip, plot.window, but I can't seem to find what I am looking for. I am certain that it is something simple, and would be gratefull if someone could point me in the right direction.

Hi Andreas,
I didn't see an answer to your question, so I'll suggest that you take
these warnings seriously:

Warning messages:
1: In plot.window(...) : "ylim.max" is not a graphical parameter
2: In plot.xy(xy, type, ...) : "ylim.max" is not a graphical parameter
3: In title(...) : "ylim.max" is not a graphical parameter

and try this:

plot(str,type="b",main=mymain,xlab=myxlab,ylab=myylab,lwd=2,
  axes=F,ylim=c(0,600))

as the plot command.

Jim