[R] RMySQL Append data.frame to table

Nathan S. Watson-Haigh nathan.watson-haigh at csiro.au
Mon Jan 25 07:57:31 CET 2010

I have a data.frame obj with 5 columns whose colnames match the fields
in my "contact" table. The only other field my MySQL table has is an id
field which is the PK and is set to auto increment.

I'd like to load this data.frame using something like:
dbWriteTable(con, "contact", dat, append=TRUE)

However, I get this error:
Error in mysqlExecStatement(conn, statement, ...) :
   RS-DBI driver: (could not run statement: Unknown column 'row_names'
in 'field list')
[1] FALSE
Warning message:
In mysqlWriteTable(conn, name, value, ...) : could not load data into table

Can anyone shed light on this error, or how I might bulk load this data
using RMySQL?

Cheers,
Nathan

Dr. Nathan S. Watson-Haigh