[R] Read files in a folder when new data files come

Carlos J. Gil Bellosta cgb at datanalytics.com
Sun Jan 24 21:13:11 CET 2010

Hello,

Could you tell us something more about your infrastructure? Windows? Linux?

On Unix/Linux you could use cron to have a R process to read all the
files in the given directory, process them one by one and archive them
in another place.

On Windows, no idea.

Alternatively, you could perhaps ask your users to use some kind of web
interface to upload the data. This interface could then trigger an R
process.

Best regards,

Carlos J. Gil Bellosta
http://www.datanalytics.com