[R] Yet another question about importing Excel *.xls files

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 17:26:56 CET 2010

The error message says that it can't find perl on your system so
either you don't have perl or its not on your path.  If you don't have
it at all install it. If its not on your path either add it to your
path or use the perl= argument to read.xls to tell it where to find
perl.  One of the examples in the example section of ?read.xls
illustrates use of the perl argument.