[R] Error on using blpGetData() function from RBloomberg package

anna lippelanna24 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 21 00:20:52 CET 2010

Hello, I am using te blpGetData() function to retrieve closing prices from
bloomberg on r. This is the code that I wrote:
library(RBloomberg)
conn=blpConnect
blpGetData(conn,"ANF UN Equity","PX_LAST","2009/09/01","2009/09/10")

and I get the following error:
Error in substring(paste("0", v$day, sep = ""), first = nchar(paste(v$day)))
:
  invalid substring argument(s)
In addition: Warning messages:
1: In as.COMDate.chron(start) : NAs introduced by coercion
2: In as.COMDate.chron(end) : NAs introduced by coercion
3: In as.matrix.BlpCOMReturn(x) : NAs introduced by coercion

I have tried to google the error and search it on the forum but couldn't
find it, could someone please help me?
Thank you