[R] How do I juxtapose two lattice graphs with common X axes such that the X axes line up?

George Chen glchen at stanford.edu
Wed Jan 20 18:44:53 CET 2010

Hello,

I would like to juxtapose two lattice graphs with common X axes such that the X axes line up.  I am using plot right now but the edges are not neat and it would be nice if I could just draw 1 X axis and not both of them.

Here is my code:

upper<-bwplot(SignalUsed~as.factor(AllNormalHitsNamesCount),data=NmlOverviewArray2,
	xlab="",
	ylab="Intensity of Individual Antibody Responses",
	main="Intensity, Frequency, Distribution, & Quantity of Normal Antibody Responses",
	box.ratio=1,
	panel = function (AllNormalHitsNamesCount,...) {
		panel.bwplot(...)
		}
	)

lower<-barchart(as.vector(table(NmlOverviewArray2$AllNormalHitsNamesCount))
			~as.factor(as.numeric(names(table(NmlOverviewArray2$AllNormalHitsNamesCount)))),
			data=NmlOverviewArray2,
			ylab="Number of Individual Antibody Responses",
			xlab="Occurrence of Individual Antibody Responses (Out of 45 Normals)",
			box.ratio=1)

plot (upper, newpage=TRUE, more=TRUE, position = c(0,.15,1,1))
plot (lower, newpage=FALSE, more=TRUE, position = c(0,0,1,.3))

George