[R] Run time error when executing sqlQuery using the 64-bit version of R with 64-bit RODBC package in a Solaris 10 Sparc machine.

Eric Ma eric.ma at db.com
Wed Jan 20 05:04:38 CET 2010

I am having the exact same error, and the suggested work-around does not
help.

My env is:

64-bit SUSE Linux v 10.1 on Xeon processors.  gcc and gfortran version is
4.1.2
64-bit R 2.10.1 compiled from soure using CC="gcc -m64" etc.
64-bit unixODBC driver manager 2.2.14 compiled from source
Oracle Instant Client ODBC driver for Linux x86_64 11.2.0.1.0
RODBC 1.3-1 installed from within R.  ODBC_INCLUDE and ODBC_LIBS point to
the unixODBC include and the .so directories

unixODBC isql test is successful.

I know it is a 32-bit and 64-bit mismatch, and the issue is in R or RODBC.
How can I confirm the 32- vs. 64-bit version of R and RODBC?

Thanks,

Eric