[R] Remove term from formula for predict.lm

Werner W. pensterfuzzer at yahoo.de
Tue Jan 19 17:10:56 CET 2010

Hi,

probably just a quick question: can I somehow change the formula used with predict? E.g., the regression was run on "y ~ u + v + w" but for the prediction the term v should be removed from the formula contained in the regression object and only "y ~ u + w" be used.

I could use model.matrix etc. to do the predictions but it would be very helpful to know a simpler way.

Thanks so much,
  Werner