[R] exporting text output to pdf

Dimitri Shvorob dimitri.shvorob at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 19:33:31 CET 2010

Let's revisit my fist post

How can I get a normal-font-sized 'Hello world' displayed on a page, with a
plot underneath, instead of a giant 'Hello world' on one page, and a plot on
another?

Then

The goal is to produce a proper-looking PDF *document* with text and images
- similar to what I could do in HTML with hwriter package.

Document as opposed to annotated plot.

There is the difficulty of defining, specifically, a 'proper document', and
not everyone is familiar with hwriter. How about this: I want an interface
in which commands like

page = pdf(..)
print(page, "some text")
printImage(page, "someimage.jpg")
close(page)

would produce a one-page PDF document with a line of text and a picture.