[R] bootstrapping

Stephan Kolassa Stephan.Kolassa at gmx.de
Sat Jan 16 00:04:59 CET 2010

Hi Aaron,

try the argument "statistic=mean". Then boot() will give you the mean
turn angle in your actual data (which appears to be 6 degrees, judging
from what you write), as well as the means of the bootstrapped data.
Then you can get (nonparametric) bootstrap CIs by
quantile(boot$t,probs=c(.025,.975)). As far as I can see, there is
really no need to look at sd().

A more interesting question would be how to deal with the fact that
-180=+180, there may be something to think about here...

HTH,
Stephan