[R] weighting (survey) data

vivi ane vera.jester at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 15 23:13:54 CET 2010

Hi,

is there a function in R equivalent to the "weight by"-command in SPSS?
I'm working with survey datasets and the data need to be weighted by a
survey/ probability/ design weight (to compensate for different
probabilities to be included in the sample in each country). The
weight variables are included in the datasets.

I did find functions in the Hmisc and survey packages that might fit
some of my needs but I need to do a bunch of procedures for all of
which the data must be weighted, as far as I can see. (I'm quite new
to R and the prospect of having to write my own functions for all of
them is really scaring me ;))

Thanks,
Vera