[R] What is the newline escape sequence when using the Hershey fontfamily?

Douglas Walcerz dwalcerz at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 14:00:18 CET 2010

Hello!

The question is simple: What is the escape sequence for a new line when
using Hershey fonts?  I obviously tried '\n' but it didn't work (see the
sample below).  I looked at 'demo(Hershey)' but all it only shows escape
sequences for printable characters.

The sample I've been using to try to find the escape sequence is below.
You can comment or un-comment the fontfamily line to turn Hershey on or off.

xx <- c(1:10)
yy <- c(11:20)
xyplot(yy~xx,
    main=list("This title should\nhave two lines"
#    , fontfamily="HersheySans"
    )
)

Thanks,