[R] How to install old randomForest?

David Scott d.scott at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Jan 14 06:10:27 CET 2010

Julian Ramirez wrote:
> Hi Ted,
>
> You need to unzip and untar the files that are inside that file, and then
> build the package using R CMD build --binary PackageName. However, for
> compiling a package under a windows environment you will need Rtools2.10
> from Duncan Murdoch, along with Miktex, and html workshop from microsoft.
> All that is free. I suggest you to read tutorials on how to build packages
> from sources in Windows. This website might be a good start point
> http://www.biostat.wisc.edu/~kbroman/Rintro/Rwinpack.html.
>
> Hope this helps,
>

> Julian Ramirez
> Research Assistant
> International Centre for Tropical Agriculture, CIAT
>
> On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 11:29 PM, Chang, C-Y. <changcy.mlml at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm using windowsXP and R 2.10.0. I downloaded "randomForest 4.5-33.tar.gz"
>> from its archive, but how do I make it into a installation ZIP file?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ted

As an alternative guide to the build process, have a look at Rob
Hyndman's instructions:

http://robjhyndman.com/researchtips/building-r-packages-for-windows/

David Scott
David Scott	Department of Statistics
		The University of Auckland, PB 92019
		Auckland 1142,    NEW ZEALAND
Phone: +64 9 923 5055, or +64 9 373 7599 ext 85055
Email:	d.scott at auckland.ac.nz,  Fax: +64 9 373 7018

Director of Consulting, Department of Statistics