[R] optim: abnormal termination in lnsrch (resend)

Mario Valle mvalle at cscs.ch
Tue Jan 12 18:45:19 CET 2010

Attached a script that reproduces the problem.
My function is fold.val() and at the end seems the curve contained in
lnsrch.dat is fitted quite well, but optim generates the error.

Thanks again!
		mario
-------------------------

I'm using optim(param, fun, method='L-BFGS-B', lower=lo, upper=up) to
minimize a certain function.
Often the minimization ends with the message:
ERROR: ABNORMAL_TERMINATION_IN_LNSRCH

What is optim() trying to say?
What have I to change in my function to make the minimization succeed?
Do you think using BBoptim() instead of optim() changes anything?

Thanks for your help!
			mario

--
Ing. Mario Valle
Data Analysis and Visualization Group            |