[R] how to track a number in a row

Márcio Resende mresendeufv at yahoo.com.br
Tue Jan 12 03:38:26 CET 2010

Hi,
I have a 100x15 matrix and in each row a set of 15 random numbers out of 25.
for example:

b <- c(1:25)
a <-matrix(0,10,15)
for (i in 1:10){
a[i,] <- sample(b,15,replace = FALSE)
}

I would like to create another matrix (25x100), for example "d" with the
probability of each number from the first matrix
Therefore I need to track, for example, if number 1 is present in the first
row (d[1,1]) (which would give me an probability of 1 out of 1).
Then, track again if number 1 is present on the second row (d[2,1]) (And if
not, the probability would be 1 out of 2 = 0.5)...and so on for all the 25
collumns (25 numbers) and all the 100 rows.

Could anybody help how to do it??
Thanks in advance
Marcio