[R] Online R documentation

Peter Keller kellerp.l at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 20:33:55 CET 2010

Karl Ove Hufthammer wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 10:03:31 -0500 Jonathan Baron <baron at psych.upenn.edu>
> wrote:
>> > In case anybody is looking for ideas in how to improve the above
>> > site, inclusion of rendered example graphs, similar to the ones at
>> > "http://www.metaresearch.de/exlib/", would be nice.
>>
>> Why should I bother when the site exists!
>
> Well, I was thinking of better integration with the help pages, e.g.,
> having each image appear right after the code that generated it, having
> larger images (perhaps at approx. the default window size for graphs in
> R?), and having all images for a given help page shown on the page,
> instead of the user having to click on a PDF link to see them.
>
>> What might be nice is for each site to mirror the other.  I can't find
>> in the web page the email address of the person in charge.  Is it you?
>
> No. You can find the e-mail address of the author at
> http://www.metaresearch.de/
>
> --
> Karl Ove Hufthammer

There is an extensive graphics gallery which does most, if not all, of this,
at http://bm2.genes.nig.ac.jp/RGM2/index.php?clear=all

It bills itself as the "R Graphical Manual, A collection of R graphics from
all R packages."  It's searchable and filterable by image, function,
package, task view, etc.  Pretty fabulous if you ask me.  At the moment,
it's only updated to 2.9.0.

Peter Keller