[R] Online R documentation

Hadley Wickham hadley at rice.edu
Fri Jan 8 14:15:42 CET 2010

Dear list,

Many people seem unhappy with the new documentation server because you
need to have R running to access it, and it's not immediately obvious
how to bookmark references so they work long-term. One solution to
this problem is to have a globally available website that provides
access to all package documentation.

I'm happy to have a go at developing this, but I need some money to
pay for hosting, for my time, and for any help I need getting it
running efficiently.  To that end, I've set up a pledgie account at
http://pledgie.com/campaigns/7707 - here you can donate as much or as
little as you like to support this project.  You won't pay until the
total amount has been pledged.

Hadley

PS.  If this fundraising initiative is successful and any R-core
member would like to take over this task, I will happily send the
money their way.

--
http://had.co.nz/