[R] Building static HTML help pages in R 2.10.x on Windows

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 14:06:25 CET 2010

> I see. Well, I never lacked any of these capabilities... Please understand that people who use R to do their work may have different objectives than the developers - and they form the majority of R users.

Well how about a documentation system that could look back over your
history and notice that you've been misspelling a function name or
that you've forgotten to load a package, and dynamically recommend a
solution?  Duncan is just trying to give you some example of what the
new system might be used for.  It really is fantastically more
powerful than the previous static solution, but it will take some time
to develop tools to use those capabilities to the fullest.

Think of the new help system as a new freeway - you have to put up
with a lot of delays during construction, but once it's finished
you'll be much better off and you'll wonder how you ever got on
beforehand.

Hadley

--
http://had.co.nz/