[R] Outlier colors in image()

Minho Chae minho.chae at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 22:05:53 CET 2010

Hi all,

I'd like to color outliers differently in image() function, say blue
for below a threshhold value and red for above a threshold value.
I was able to do this in levelplot() by using "col.regions" and "at" parameters.

But for a large matrix, i.e, 8000x200, the figure is just too slim in
levelplot, so I am turning toward using image().
If I use par('bg'=blue), I end up coloring only one color for both
sides of outliers.

Could anyone help me how I can use different colors for both sides of
outliers in image()?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Minho