[R] Building static HTML help pages in R 2.10.x on Windows

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Thu Jan 7 09:49:19 CET 2010

Steve Rowley wrote:

> Since wanting static HTML help pages for bookmarking or reading while
> R is not running sounds kind of reasonable, it would be nice if
> something like this were available for Windows users of R.  It would
> be a shame if everybody else had to figure this out in detail, too.
>
> Again, thanks for the pointer.  R is fun again! :-)

Thanks for that code. I fully agree that the current help system is a step
back. For stable bookmarking, my workaround is to put

options(help.ports=6800)

into the profile,  so I can created links like

http://127.0.0.1:6800/library/gmodels/html/estimable.html

but this still required that I start RGui and the help system once. Thanks
to Duncan Murdoch who implmented this.

http://markmail.org/message/mvpgkwctacpl6fl4

Dieter