[R] Working with source file

D Kelly O'Day koday at processtrends.com
Wed Jan 6 21:34:35 CET 2010

I am trying to build an easy to use climate data analysis tool kit that will
let non-R users run my detailed r script with minimum R learning curve
effort.

Here's an example:

link <-
"http://chartsgraphs.wordpress.com/files/2010/01/nsidc_trend_plot_2.doc"
source(link)

This lets user run my R script stored at site 1 and work with data stored at
site 2 without having to worry about links, R script details or downloading
anything.

They get the plot. What if they'd like to see R script or see contents of
data frames, or change the plot parameters?

My questions:

1. how can user get list of just data.frames to investigate the data?
2. how can user list my R script in the session so that he/she can adjust
it?

My R scripts retrieve raw data, process it and organize it for analysis. I'd
like the users to be able to save the data, subset, modify data and make
their own plots.

I can't seem to find out any information on how to "look at" sourced R
scripts. Suggestions on where to look will be appreciated.

D Kelly O'Day
http:chartsgraphs.wordpress.com