[R] debugging package

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 11:11:52 CET 2010

Hello

On 1/6/10, Markus Weisner <public.markus at mac.com> wrote:
>  * checking whether package 'NFIRS' can be installed ... WARNING
>  Found the following significant warnings:
>        missing link(s):  ~~fun~~ CLASSNAME-class
>  See '/Users/markus/Dropbox/NFIRS_S4/NFIRS.Rcheck/00install.out' for details.

I am not sure what this is about.

>  * checking Rd files ... ERROR
>  Rd files with likely Rd problems:
>  Unaccounted top-level text in file 'NFIRS-class.Rd':
>  Following section 'note':
>  "\n\n ~Make other sections like Warning with \\section{Warning }{....}
>  ~\n\n"

I suspect that top-level text concerns all text not included in .Rd
tags. If you look at an .Rd file from another package [1], all the
text other than comments will be inside \some_command{}.

[1] http://r-forge.r-project.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/pkg/RcmdrPlugin.sos/man/sosInit.Rd?rev=162&root=rsitesearch&view=markup

>  Unaccounted top-level text in file 'NFIRS-package.Rd':
>  Following section 'references':
>  "\n~~ Optionally other standard keywords, one per line, from file KEYWORDS
>  in the R documentation directory ~~\n"
>
>  Rd files with missing or empty '\title':
>   NFIRS.summary.Rd
>   read.NFIRS.Rd

It seems you need to add \title{} in each .Rd file (again, see a CRAN
package example).

>  Rd files without 'description':
>   NFIRS.summary.Rd
>   read.NFIRS.Rd

You need to provide \description{} as well. You need to describe your
functions at a minimum.

>  Rd files without 'title':
>   NFIRS.summary.Rd
>   read.NFIRS.Rd
>  These entries are required in an Rd file.
>
>  Rd files with non-standard keywords:
>   as.data.frame-methods.Rd: ~~ other possible keyword(s)
>   head-methods.Rd: ~~ other possible keyword(s)
>   NFIRS.summary.Rd: ~kwd1 ~kwd2
>   read.NFIRS.Rd: ~kwd1 ~kwd2
>   summary-methods.Rd: ~~ other possible keyword(s)
>   tail-methods.Rd: ~~ other possible keyword(s)
>  Each '\keyword' entry should specify one of the standard keywords (as
>  listed in file 'KEYWORDS' in the R documentation directory).

You need to provide \keywords{}, taken strictly from the KEYWORDS file
(see the Manual).
Liviu