[R] Align two protein sequences using BLAST

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Jan 5 16:52:31 CET 2010

On Jan 5, 2010, at 10:46 AM, Tony Chiang wrote:

> You should send this note to the biconductor mailing list rather
> than the
> R-help. As to your question, please look at the Biostrings
> bioconductor
> package.

The BioC webpages give a link to the Gmane archive for searching. A
search on blast protein sequences produced 15 hits and this one seemed
to be potentially relevant:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.science.biology.informatics.conductor/26460/match=blast+protein+sequences

There may be other postings in that group of fifteen with relevant
material. I just wanted to get you going in the right location, which
is not this list.

--
David

> On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 6:09 AM, Alla Bulashevska <
> alla.bullashevska at fdm.uni-freiburg.de> wrote:
>

>> Dear R users,
>> I would like to align two protein sequences using BLAST
>> (bl2seq). The question is whether this programm have been
>> implemented in R.
>> Thank you for your help,
>> Alla.

David Winsemius, MD