[R] R help question: How can we enable useRs to contribute corrections to help files faster ?

Sharpie chuck at sharpsteen.net
Sun Feb 28 19:36:47 CET 2010

After reading some more, I think Tal's Wiki idea was also a good one--
conceivably a server could be set up that pulled tarballs from CRAN,
unpacked them, and converted the man folders to HTML.

Then the server could provide a sort of a "master list" version of
help.start() where each page was editable using some sort of wiki system.
Users could fix documentation and developers could download patchfiles that
contained the diff between the current wiki page and the their version of
the documentation that was stored on CRAN.

Sigh, my lack of free time is frustrating this morning...

-Charlie