[R] Calling SAS from R

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Sun Feb 28 17:32:27 CET 2010

Yen Lee <b88207001 <at> ntu.edu.tw> writes:

> I apologize if my sentence is not fluent to read.
>
> I am doing a simulation study and I need to execute SAS and
> read a SAS code in R.
> I try the following code but it doesn't work.
> system('"c:\\program files\\SAS\\SAS 9.1\\sas.exe" "c:\\syntax.sas"')
> can anyone give me some help with this?

  You need to tell us, as precisely as possible,
what "doesn't work" means.
  Did R produce warnings or error messages?  What were they?
  If you run the equivalent command (the same except for
single vs double backslashes and surrounding quotation marks)

"c:\program files\SAS\SAS 9.1\sas.exe" "c:\syntax.sas"

  outside of R (in a terminal window or from the "Run" box
in Windows), does it work?