[R] Help Computing Probit Marginal Effects

Cardinals_Fan jnl08 at fsu.edu
Sat Feb 27 18:57:56 CET 2010

One last question.  I'm trying to use the rnorm() function to draw a
distribution for my coefficient estimates.  Let's say I have a model y* = a
+ b1x1.  I have the coefficient estimate for b1 stored as b1 and the
standard error estimate for b1 stored as s1.  I run rnorm function as

a <- rnorm(1000,b1,s1)

and I get NA values in the vector.  If i dont use scalars it works fine.  Is
there a special way scalars are entered to make it work?  I have also tried
the dnorm command.