[R] pallet with open intervals

Julien Mullet najac.pro at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 16:43:36 CET 2010

Hi,

I have a question concerning color pallets. I am currently plotting
geophysical fields with spplot (sp package) and I would like to create a
pallet with open boundaries. For instance, I have a field whose values vary
between -7 et 1, but a few values are much higher, for instance 28 or 32. As
a result, I would like to create a palette with, for instance, 8 intervals
within the range [-7,1] and two more colors for values lower than -7 or
higher than 1. Here is an example of such a pallet:
http://n4.nabble.com/file/n1570791/pallet.jpg

Do you have any idea of how to create such a pallet?

Thanks,

Julien