[R] Building R packages in Windows 7

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Fri Feb 26 02:35:40 CET 2010

On 25/02/2010 7:56 PM, Eric Ferreira wrote:
> Thank you, Sir, but how can I demand it to create HTML files?

The tools::Rd2HTML function will do the translation, but it takes a bit
of work to prepare input for it.  The idea is that you don't need to
save the files, R just produces them when the browser asks for them.

There's an option --enable-prebuilt-html that can be used when
installing a package, but I don't recommend using it.  You'll get the
help page as it exists at install time, not as it is intended to be
displayed at run time.  Links to other packages likely won't work properly.

Duncan Murdoch

P.S. Please copy your responses to the group, so that others can see the
questions and answers.