[R] Plotting 15 million points

Abhishek Pratap abhishek.vit at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 00:11:57 CET 2010

Hi All

I have a vector of about 15 million numbers which I would like to
plot. The goal is the see the distribution.  I tired the usual steps.

1. Histogram : never gets complete my window freezes w/out log base 10
2. Density  : I first calculated the kernel density and then plotted
it which worked.

It would be nice to superimpose histogram with density but as of now I
am not able to get this data as a histogram. I tried ggplot2 which
also hangs.

Any efficient methods to play with > 10 million numbers in a vector.

Thanks,
-Abhi