[R] R error- "more columns than column names"

Euphoria yeshapatel83 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 01:07:08 CET 2010

Thanks to all who posted. After trying all of the above-listed options - the
error is still popping up, but here is some progress:

1) I can read in the file just fine when I use the read.table statement and
specify it as a tab delimited file using the code:

two <- read.table("Z:/CCFPhenotypesTAB.dat", head=TRUE, sep="\t")

But, my issue is with GenABEL and the load.gwaa.data statement - I need the
file to be read into load.gwaa.data - unless there is another way to read in
the phenotype file in GenABEL.

Code:
mix <- load.gwaa.data (phe = "Z:/CCFPhenotypesTAB.dat", gen  =
"pedmap-0.raw")

2) Also, it might help if I explained how I came about the .dat file.  It
was originally created in excel as a .xlsx file, which I converted to a tab
delimited .txt file. I just changed the .txt extension to .dat for it to be
read in R for the GenABEL package.