[R] Goodness of fit test for count data

Moshe Olshansky m_olshansky at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 23 05:22:15 CET 2010

You can compute the conditional probability that your variable equals k given that it is non-zero. For example, if X has poisson distribution with parameter lambda then
P(X=k/X!=0) = P(X=k)/(1-P(X=0)) = (exp(-lambda)/(1-exp(-lambda))*lambda^k/k!
Now you can find lambda for which the sum of squares of your errors is minimal and then use CHi-aquared test using these expected frequencies.

Similarly for negative binomial distribution.