[R] [R-SIG-Finance] Creating regularly spaced time series from irregular one

Jeff Ryan jeff.a.ryan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 22:09:02 CET 2010

Firstly, don't cross-post.

Second, take a look at the archives on both these lists for answers to
your questions.

'its' is rather old, and not where you want to be looking.

Take a look at xts for fast time-series manipulation like you need,
specifically to.period, endpoints, and align.time.  There is a wealth
of documentation in the package, in the vignette, and even online in
more than a few places, but you can start here:

http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/xts/vignettes/xts.pdf
http://www.quantmod.com/examples/data/

Also zoo for na.locf etc.

Additional options include the fts package and timeSeries.

HTH
Jeff